Skip to content
ADVANTAGES OF THE PEFC CERTIFICATION SYSTEM
- A PEFC-endorsed national forest certification system has particular advantages in that:
- it uses a “bottom-up” approach that focuses on meeting the expectations of local stakeholders on the ground;
- takes into account local conditions; and;
- is consistent with national laws and regulations all within a framework of key internationally-recognised sustainability benchmarks.
- The PEFC approach presents an opportunity to develop a globally recognised certification system that is truly reflective of the uniqueness of Guyana’s forest management situation and the particular needs and expectations of the Guyanese people.