Skip to content
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE GFC IN THE CERTIFICATION SYSTEM?
- The GFC will not issue the forest management and chain of custody certificates.
- This will be done by an internationally accredited certification.
- The GFC’s main role will be as the National Governing Body.
- As the national governing body, the GFC is responsible for:
- the System’s governance and administration;
- notifying Certification Bodies;
- registering certificates and logo usages;
- handling complaints;
- undertaking promotions, and/or training activities; and
- ensuring that requirements for Certification Bodies and for accreditation are developed.