The Government of Guyana/Ministry of Natural Resources wishes to embark on the construction of a bridge for the Puruni river crossing. The Puruni River is a tributary of the Mazaruni River, and is located in Administrative Region 7 (Cuyuni-Mazaruni) of Guyana. The river flows through an area of rich mineral resources and dense forested vegetation. Mining and forestry activities are concentrated along the Puruni River and the Kartabu-Puruni Road, and as such, the river and road serve as a means of access to the resources within the area.
The Kartabu-Puruni Road, which travels from the Teperu Crossing at Itaballi at the mouth of Mazaruni River, is intersected by the Puruni River at a point with coordinates (-59.36928917, 6.243102586). Notably, the Kartabu-Puruni Road is a part of the road network that connects to the Linden-Lethem access Road. A pontoon system currently operates at the intersection to facilitate the crossing of the Puruni River. At the point of the pontoon crossing, the area on either side of the river is marked by relatively higher lands, thus implying that the area is prone to flooding when the river inundates and during periods of heavy rainfall.
As such, the Ministry of Natural Resources invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from individuals and/or bodies corporate. The Ministry will consider options under various models including Design-Build (D-B) and Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) or any other suitable model. Responses to the EOI should contain adequate information to be used by to determine:
- The optimal model to pursue: D-B or BOT (including all variants including DBFO, DBFM, DBFMO)
- Sufficient detail to guide the final form of the Design-Build contract associated with the selected model
- Conceptual design and preliminary costing
- Proposals to maximise local content including local firms, suppliers, and labour
- The allocation and integration of responsibilities between the GoG and the Contractor or Sponsor, including finalization of:
- The road alignment on each side of the Puruni river to minimise its impact and achieve an early completion date
- Responsibility for the final environmental studies and permitting
- Expected schedule for completion of (i) the preliminary steps to start construction (pre-construction), (ii) construction timelines including the deadline for completion and start of commercial operations.
- The legal and financial framework that will govern the Puruni bridge
The response to this EOI will be used pre-qualify individuals/firms that are interested in participating in the proposed works. ONLY individuals/firms responding to this EOI, that are pre-qualified, will be eligible to respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP) based on the final model selected (BOT or D-B).
Submission of Expressions of Interest
The Ministry of Natural Resources, Government of Guyana invites all interested parties to submit their Expression of Interest for any of the above-mentioned financing options by 3:30 pm on Friday 29th October, 2021, to the below address:
Attn: Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Natural Resources
Ministry of Natural Resources
96 Duke Street, Kingston
Tel: (592) 231-2506-11